Position: Senior Designer
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Reports To: Project Manager, Design Director and Principal in Charge
Amount of Travel Required: 25-40%
Positions Supervised: Project Designer and Associate Designer
POSITION SUMMARY: Serves as an interior design team member under the Design Director and Project Manager
- Advise client on interior design factors such as space planning, layout, and utilization of furnishings or equipment and color coordination
- Knowledge of local material resources preferred
- Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finished samples
- Support business development and marketing efforts when needed
- Proven experience in FF&E design development and documentation
- Outstanding graphic presentation skills
- Works with Design Director and client to develop schematic FF&E design based on project criteria, program and budget
- Participates in presentation and ensures format is compatible with office and client standards
- Develops and maintain FF&E budget
- Serves as principal contact with purchasing agent Review sample, strike-offs, etc. for compliance with specifications and design intent
- Directs and reviews furniture plans for content and accuracy and insures that they fully coordinated with architectural, electrical, RCP and lighting plans and other consultants’ drawings
- Coordinates presentation of artwork
- Coordinates FF&E installation with all parties involved
- Works with Project Designer and Project Manager throughout the project to help formulate staff utilization/work plan, task assignments and allocation fees
- Knowledgeable about contractual responsibilities as it relates to the scope of work
- Produce and coordinate finish schedule
- Direct education of Associate Designer staff and Interns in office standards and policy
- Make task assignments to Assistant Designers Allocate and adjust budget amounts in coordination with client and Design Director
- Review and modify if necessary all specifications
- Develops schematic design from established project program and client needs
- Translates schematic design into design development drawings for use by production staff
- Helps Design Director maintain continuity of design intent through construction documentation
- Participates in presentations as needed Assists in coordination of interior architectural documents with work of consultants and architects
- Prepares interior architectural specifications
- Coordinates staff utilization/ work planning and budget requirements with Design Director and Project Manager
- Accountability – Accountability looks at the extent to which an individual is willing to accept responsibility.
- This competency asks the question “How do you look at responsibility for your work?”
- Active Listening- Active listening looks at the extent to which an individual actively attends to, conveys, and understands the comments and questions of others.
- This competency asks the question “How well do you really hear and understand what others are saying?”
- Initiative- Initiative looks at the ability of the individual to act and take steps to solve or settle an issue.
- This competency asks the question “How confident are you in making decisions on the basis of your own initiative?”
- Judgment – The skill of judgment looks at the ability of the individual to form sound opinions or make decisions by evaluating available information.
- This competency asks the question “How do you make decisions?”
- Interpersonal – Interpersonal skills look at the ability of the individual to develop and maintain relationships with others.
- This competency asks the question “How effectively do you relate with others?”
- Time Management- Time management skills look at the ability of the individual to effectively utilize available time for the completion of necessary job tasks.
- This competency asks the question “How efficient and productive are you in the utilization of available working time?”
- Communication – Communication is the ability to convey info, written and oral in a clear and concise manner.
- Does employee use active listening skills with an interest to understand others?
- Attitude – Is a cooperative member of the team. Possess a positive, helpful attitude. Does the employee respond to an emergency request for assistance?
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (four-year college or technical school)
- Experience: 7 + years of experience in Architecture or Design
- Other Requirements: Experience in the Hospitality industry. Fluent in AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop and writing custom specifications.
To Apply: Email CV and Resume to email@example.com or fill out the application form in the next tab.